What is GRICTN?
- GRICTN stands for the Gladstone Region ICT Network. Startup Gladstone Inc. currently facilitates this network. The network meets on a bi-monthly basis.
- The network gather Corporate, ICT practitioners, Education service providers and ICT incumbents to build ICT capacity across the Gladstone Region.
Purpose (‘The Why’) of GRICTN:
- Understand more about NBN and the Digital Economy.
- Establish ICT connections in the broader community.
- Identify opportunities of digital training that could support youth digital capacity.
- Connect to other related networks STEM Hub and Startups.
- Increase ICT networking and collaboration opportunities.
- Improve resources sharing (What’s available, who’s doing what and what could be possible).
- Develop a collective ‘digital voice’ before the three tiers of the government.
- Recognize ways of stimulating the local economy (for example increasing the understanding of digital capacity by SMEs).
- Capitalise on commercial opportunities for existing/new ICT businesses within the GR.
- Improve collective digital capacity and capabilities.
- Share common issues and challenges but also successes.
- Find local ICT talent (traineeships/apprenticeship).
- Provide input feedback to the prospective GR Digital Economy (Council-Led).