About Startup Gladstone
- A non-for-profit organisation and a social enterprise which has been established in the Gladstone Region with the main purpose of empowering people to grow successful business through the implementation of innovation and technology-based initiatives.
Plan, collaborate, facilitate and deliver technology and innovation-based programs and initiatives that empower people to have successful businesses.
- At various community consultation gatherings held at the Gladstone Region, socio-economic diversification has been identified as a key subject of regional long-term sustainability. Evidence of this could be found in some strategic documents such as Vision 2028, Vision 2035 and Gladstone Region Economic Development, among others.
- While Gladstone Region has furthered diversified its industrial “content” with the addition of the LNG industry, it is believed a community-driven movement (‘ground-up’) that capitalizes on existing business sector strengths and reduces duplication is required to foster, nurture and support the new breed of ‘digital entrepreneurs’ in a sustainable manner. This is the essence of the Startup Ecosystem.
Other considerations as to “why” include:
- Digital Economies will represent to Australia’s GDP between 140 and 250 Billion by 2025.
- Global movement supporting a new “breed of entrepreneurs” based on digital economy.
- Disconnection between established professional networks and startups within the Gladstone Region (Boom Bust Recharge, 2018).
- Great opportunity in the GR to strengthen the “Ecosystem of entrepreneurs”
- STUG members.
- Corporate Board – President, Secretary and 6 Executive members (elected on annual basis in July).
- Project managers (volunteers).
- Project-based subcontractors (“Startup Ecosystem Builder”)
We empower the next generation of entrepreneurs through technology and innovation.
- To become a one-stop shop for startups within CQ by focusing on their holistic development and growth through the delivery of relevant strategies, programs and initiatives on each targeted niche of market.
- To support STUG members on their startup Journey (from idea to scale-up).
- To assist the development of Gladstone Region Startup Ecosystem.
- To implement a Pipeline of young Entrepreneurs within the Gladstone Region.
- To foster a portfolio of collaborative relationships with others regional Ecosystem.
- To deliver and facilitate a range of technology and innovation-based events and programs.